The Global Taekwon-Do Federation International (GTFI) is a professional Taekwon-Do organization formed on June 10, 2006 to bring all Taekwon-Do groups together without politics or other restrictions that has destroyed many Taekwon-Do organizations.
GTFI is a non political and a non profit organization.
GTFI is headed by Grandmaster Dato’ Dr. Sabree Salleh from Malaysia, one of a very few non Korean trained personally by the late Gen. Choi Hong Hi. He has been studying the Taekwon-Do for over 50 years and has excelled to the rank of 9th Degree Black Belt.
- To merge Taekwon-Do and all other Taekwon-Do Organizations.
- To preserve Original and Traditional Taekwon-Do.
- To exclude all politics from Taekwon-Do.
- Exclusion of the politicians with in the Global Taekwon-Do Federation International
- The Global Taekwon-Do Federation International should be run by Martial Artists
- To refine Taekwon-Do Promotions
- Leadership in GTFI is managed by world-renowned Taekwon-Do Grandmasters and Masters internationally.
GTFI accepts all Taekwon-Do system within it's ranks.
- 1st Dan to 2nd Dan = 1.5 years
- 2nd Dan to 3rd Dan = 2 years
- 3rd Dan to 4th Dan = 3 years
- 4th Dan to 5th Dan = 4 years
- 5th Dan to 6th Dan = 5 years
- 6th Dan to 7th Dan = 6 years
- 8th Dan and 9th Dan are determined by the President and Chairman of Promotion Committee and GTFI Board of Directors.